answer QAs according to those ppt slides I attached
Assignment # 1
Assignment #1: Each assignment should be 1 typed (SINGLE-SPACED) pages. Fully answer each question. This will apply to each assignment.
(2 points each)
1. Find the very latest information about the prevalence of drug use. What are the most popular drugs today?
2. What are the danger signals of drug use and how can they be used to identify possible abusers?
3. Discuss the reasons why alcohol and tobacco are somewhat acceptable in American society, and are generally not criminalized, from liquor stores to bars to grocery stores with liquor shelves.
4. Discuss the relationship and the differences between physical dependence and psychological dependence and the fact that in the end the result may be the same in terms of damage to the user. Define addiction and give an example of how 2 different types of substances can lead to addiction.
5. List the medicines you are your family has in your medicine cabinets at home. Demonstrate the degree to which Americans rely on over-the-counter drug therapies
1. When we talk about the drug problem, what comes to your mind? Do you really think about alcohol and cigarettes? Many people are recovering from alcoholism, but are killing themselves with cigarettes.
2. What do you think about alcohol in the media (movies, billboards, cable, soaps, and magazines, Internet)? Are there underlying messages that the use of products is risk-free and alcohol is normal and essential parts of social events?
3. Typically, both adults and youth believe there is a drug treatment or remedy for every ailment. Take stock in the medicines you have…..however, if there is anything illegal, I do not want to know.
4. Do you think adults unwittingly teach youth to value drugs? What do you think about this? How could this be?
5. It appears it is easier to use a drug to cure some anxiety or problem, rather than to deal with it head on. Why don’t people like to deal with their problems head on? Give a concrete or specific example which may lead one into substance abuse regarding not dealing with a problem at the outset.
for section 2 only need one page
What behaviors can teachers observe to informally determine whether their students are learning effectively and achieving classroom objectives?
This is an educational psychology class
I need a 7 page essay about different learning mechanisms and how they are and are not implemented in the public school system using the attached case studies as the main references. Needed by midnight tonight EST
Choose one of the following statements and argue your position (are you in favor or opposed to the statement). You should use at least three credible sources to support your argument.
No length requirement
Must have at least 3 credible references
While on routine patrol for the Any Town Police Department you notice a group of what appears be three underage male teenage kids and one female teen standing alongside the outside wall of a local convenience store in a poorly lit area. Since it is 1 AM in the morning on a Thursday night, which is in violation of your city ordinance regarding curfew, you decide to investigate. When you turn into the driveway of the convenience store your patrol car headlights illuminate the group of three teens and you notice a cigarette in the hand of the lone female of the group and it appears to you that two of the males are holding beer cans. After asking for identification, you began your investigation and realize that several decisions will have to be made regarding the underage youth:
Please find the attachment
HRM 533 Total Rewards
Week 3 Discussion 2: “Media Choices”
1.) Analyze the elements of media choices for conducting an internal total rewards campaign to determine which is hardest to evalutae from the return on investment standpoint and then recommend how you could make it easier.
Please note ADD REFERENCES if possible.
The board of Directors of Pastrana, Inc. is negotiating the purchase of Burgos’ Galleries. The balance sheet @ 12/31/2009 of Burgos’ is presented below:
Assets Liabilities & Stockholder’s Equity
Cash $ 70,000 Notes Payable $ 50,000
Land $ 100,000 Account Payable $ 300,000
Equipment $ 375,000 Total Liabilities $ 350,000
Intangible Assets $ 30,000 Common Stocks $ 200,000
________ Retained Earnings $ 25,000 $ 225,000
Total Assets $ 575,000 Total Liabilities & Stk’s Ety $ 575,000
1. Land is undervalued by $50,000.
2. Equipment is overvalued by $ 5,000. 3. Burgos’ agrees to sell the business to Pastrana Co. for $380,000.
1. Prepare a presentation showing in good form the calculation of Goodwill in this transaction.
2. Explain the rational for your calculations.
This assignment is divided into three parts. In Part A, you will consider change in the health care industry. In Part B, you will analyze the case of TELUS when change resulted in increased customer complaints. In Part C, you will write a profile of your views of handling change in an organization.
This assignment is out of 100 marks and will count for 10% of your total course mark. The breakdown of marks is as follows:
|Part A: Changes in the Health Care Industry||60|
|Part B: TELUS Troubles||40|
Part C: Self-Profile will be counted toward your major project grade. It will comprise 16 per cent of your major project mark.
As you learned in this module, change is inevitable. In the following real-life case, you will see how the outside environment forces a change in the values and ethics of an organization and an industry.
Read “Changes in the Health Care Industry” case application on pages 363–364 in your textbook. Then answer following three questions (these questions are on page 364 of the textbook):
De Bono (1985) has said that the thinking required by managers is one of the most complex kinds of thinking there is.
Write a two- to three-page report (approximately 500 to 750 words) describing how you as a manager or leader would respond to ever-present change within an organization or group (business or otherwise) with which you are familiar. Reflecting on the material presented in Module 5, what kinds of thinking would you use? How would you help your organization or group adapt? (100 marks)
Vulnerable Population Summary and Proposed Program
The first of your two written assignments for the course will provide a beginning framework that you will utilize in the development of your
Final Project: a proposal for a community-based program in your area. For this first written assignment, you will select one of the vulnerable groups identified in the text that will serve as your target population of interest throughout the duration of your next written assignment and Final Project.
Select one among the following groups from Chapter 1:
Once you have selected a group of interest, write a three page paper that covers the following:
Your assignment should be a minimum of three pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), and should include a minimum of three scholarly sources cited according to APA guidelines as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.