Write a 2- to 3-page paper analyzing a journal or media article about a scandal or fraud involving a compromised research study in healthcare. It is recommended that you utilize the LIRN Library when conducting research for this paper. You can access the LIRN Library in your Canvas navigation bar.
Summarize the errors made and their consequences using the following questions.
- 1..To what extent did the researcher follow the norms and expectations of the sponsoring institution? In other words, was the sponsor complicit in the fraud, or did the researcher act alone in violation of corporate policy?
- 2.What was the researcher’s motive in compromising the integrity of the study?
- 3.Exactly what ethical research principles were violated? How?
- 4.Exactly which provisions or interpretative statements of the Code of Ethics for Nurses were violated? How?
- 5.What consequences did the fraud carry for the subjects? The researcher? The sponsor? The researcher’s profession?
6.How could the researcher have avoided the fraud and maintained the integrity of the study?
7.What oversight mechanisms brought this violation to light?
8.What implications does this case have for nursing research studies?
Submission and Assessment Guidelines
- The paper should follow APA (7th ed.) format and be no more than 2â€“3 double-spaced pages in length. This does not include the title or reference pages.
- Be sure to cite your sources.