Review the case study and then answer the questions that follow.
Thomas Frost (pronouns he, him, his), a 51-year-old White man, is a partner at a leading financial firm. He has been working with you off and on for several years. His wife Joanne, a White woman (pronouns she, her, hers), with whom you have permission to speak, calls you.
Joanne’s Video (1:39 minutes)
Complete the following from your perspective as Thomas’s psychiatric nurse practitioner. This assignment has three parts.
Part 1: Screening/Measurement Tool (20 points)
Identify screening/measurement tool to assess for alcohol use disorder and alcohol withdrawal. Complete the screening tool, based on the information that you have. Include the reference (in APA 7th edition format) for the tool in the Part 2 document.
Part 2: Pharmacological Options (20 points)
As the prescribing provider, you need to evaluate the pharmacological treatment options for Thomas to help with his alcohol use. Choose three medications to treat alcohol use disorder and discuss when and how to use them on Thomas Frost Drugs and References (Word) Links to an external site.. Include at least one reference (in APA 7th edition format) for each drug.
Part 3: Video Explanation (20 points)
Joanne is worried about Thomas going into withdrawal. Please create a 5- to 10-minute video explaining the following to Joanne. (Do not use slides; you are on a videoconference call with Joanne.)
- 1-Explain the signs and symptoms of alcohol withdrawal to Joanne.
- 2-When should she expect mild, moderate, and severe alcohol withdrawal symptoms?
- 3-What should Joanne do if she suspects that Thomas is experiencing moderate to severe alcohol withdrawal?
- 4-What are the potential dangers associated with alcohol withdrawal?
Include at least two supporting references (in APA 7th edition format) for the video in the Part 2 document.
What to Submit
- 1-Thomas’s completed screening/measurement tool
- 2-Your Microsoft Word document, including references for all 3 parts
- 3-Your video and script (if used)