- After completing the readings, what are your thoughts on child-specific assessments?
- Do you plan to use them in your practice? Why or why not?
- Were there any assessments you liked or disliked more than others? Explain.
- Family Assessment: Contemporary and Cutting-Edge Strategies, Ch. 8–11
Family Adaptability and Cohesion Evaluation Scales (FACES)
- Olson, D. H., & Gorall, D. M. (2003). Circumplex model of marital and family systems. In F. Walsh (Ed.) Normal Family Processes (3rd) (pp. 514–547). New York, NY: Guilford.
- Baptist, J. A., Thompson, D. E., Norton, A. M., Hardy, N. R., & Link, C. D. (2012). The effects of the intergenerational transmission of family emotional processes on conflict styles: The moderating role of attachment. American Journal of Family Therapy, 40, 56–73. doi:10.1080/01926187.2011.575030
- Olson, D. (2011). FACES IV and the circumplex model: Validation study. Journal of Marital & Family Therapy, 3, 64–80. doi:10.1111/j.175-0606.2009.00175.x
Family Assessment Device (FAD)
- Staccini, L., Tomba, E., Grandi, S., & Keitner, G. I. (2015). The evaluation of family functioning by the family assessment device: A systematic review of studies in adult clinical populations. Family Process, 54, 94-115. doi:10.1111/famp.12098
- Mansfield, A. K., Keitner, G. I., & Dealy, J. (2015). The family assessment device: An update. Family Process, 54, 82–93. doi:10.1111/famp.12080
- Estein, N. B., Baldwin, L. M., & Bishop, D. S. (1983). The McMaster family assessment device. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 9, 171–180.
- Goodrich, K. M., Selig, J. P., Trahan, D. P. (2012). The self-report family inventory: An exploratory factor analysis. Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development, 45, 245–256. doi:10.1177/0748175612449173
- Beavers, R. & Hampson, R. B. (2000). The beavers system model of family functioning. Journal of Family Therapy, 22, 128–143.
- Groenenberg, I., Sharma, S., Green, B. S., & Fleming, S. E. (2013). Family environment in inner-city African-American and Latino parents/caregivers: A comparison of the reliability of instruments. Journal of Child & Family Studies, 22, 288–296. doi:10.1007/s10826-012-9578-0
- FACES: http://www.facesiv.com/home.html (Links to an external site.)
- FAD: https://isucounselingresources2017.weebly.com/uploads/1/1/3/4/11344496/family_assessment_device.pdf (Links to an external site.)
After completing the Family Assessment Report assignment due this week, reflect on the following questions:
- What was it like for you to give the assessments?
- How were the family assessments similar? How were they different?
- Will you use the family assessments in your practice? If so, how do you plan to use them? If not, why not?
Answer each on a separate sheet with references page APA cite
answering in detail