1. Transcending the traditional PMO focus (which attempted to enhance enterprise value by controlling and elevating PM standards and methods), trends in PMOs increased strategic integration, enhancing business performance. Describe how portfolio management can improve PMO business value. Has globalization influenced this PMO trend? Explain why or why not.
- Words: 200
- Please include atleast one peer reviewed reference in APA format.
2. Globalization changes the dynamics of projects and adds a layer of complexity. It can adversely affect the project outcome if the project participants are not aware of what they might encounter regarding cultural differences and multinational economic transactions.
Global projects have unique influencing factors,including:
- Currency fluctuations and exchange rates
- Country-specific work codes and regulations
- Corporate joint ventures and partnerships, creating entities with a presence and facilities in multiple countries
- Political relations between countries
- Availability of high-demand workforce skills
- Describe how a global project can be more complex than a project performed within only one country. How do the influencing factors, listed above, affect the successful outcome of the global project?
- Support your positions with at least one current (no older than five years) scholarly source – peer reviewed in APA format
- Words: 200
3. Your boss mentions that recently a number of employees have received calls from individuals who didn’t identify themselves and asked a lot of questions about the company and its computer infrastructure. At first, he thought this was just a computer vendor who was trying to sell your company some new product, but no vendor has approached the company. He also says several strange e-mails requesting personal information have been sent to employees, and quite a few people have been seen searching your company’s trash dumpsters for recyclable containers. Your boss asks what you think about all of these strange incidents. Respond and be sure to provide recommendations on what should be done about the various incidents. 1. Words: 250 , 2. Provide at least one peer reviewed reference in APA format.
4. Please read the attached Creating a Methodology – Case study and answer any one (1) of the questions below
- What can you determine about the corporate culture from the fact that they waited this long to consider the development of an EPM system?
- Can a PMO accelerate the implementation process?
- Is it acceptable for the PMO to report to the chief information officer or to someone else?
- Why is it best to have six or less life-cycle phases in an EPM system?
- Is it best to design an EPM system around flexible or inflexible elements? Generally, when first developing an EPM system, do companies prefer to use formality or informality in the design?
- Should an EPM system have the capability of capturing best practices?
1. Words: 250 , 2. Provide at least one peer reviewed reference in APA format.