Artificial Intelligence Models (i.e., AIM) Inc. is a very profitable new company that although in business just two years, has already doubled in size in terms of the workforce and quadrupled their profits. The CEO/founder has stepped aside recently in favor of a new CEO in the wake of employees’ frustration and social media messages about the benefits inequity and lack of motivation for teams at the company. The new CEO wants to change the way worker salaries are determined and find ways to motivate the project teams. The project teams typically are assigned to create and launch and then maintain an artificial intelligence product such as a robot that performs routine tasks at a plant or in an office environment.
Your four-person employee team is tasked by the new CEO with determining a general proposed solution to the inequity in pay at the company and address the current lack of motivation for the 125 service and development personnel that work in project teams of 18 employees each. Each software technician receives $120,000 /yr., the customer service and all other full-time staff including sales and marketing personnel receive a salary of $35,000 per year while the CEO and V.P.s receive $500,000 per year and the managers receive $80,000 per year. There is a CEO, 2 VPs (Manufacturing and Finance), a Software Engineering Manager, a Sales/Marketing Manager, a Customer Service Manager (your role in this scenario), and an Installation Services Manager, along with the 125 engineers and technology-savvy employees that work at the company.
Your four-person scenario team consists of a software engineer, a salesperson, an installation manager, and you as the customer service manager.
- Describe the problems based on the scenario.
- Describe the overall goal(s) and objectives of your assigned team.
- Describe the tasks necessary to realize a successful response to the new CEO, allocating tasks for each member
- Provide a proposed overall salary/benefits solution and provide your team’s reasoning. Support the solution with a short citation from each of two (2) scholarly* articles (citations and references in APA format).
- Apply at least two teamwork concepts and at least six (6) team process steps for improving the company project team effectiveness, and motivation at AIM Inc. to address the assigned response to the CEO.
- Explain how you, in the role of a team member, contributed to the employees’ team success to address the CEO’s concerns.
each slide should have no more than five bullet points and explanations should be placed below each slide in the