03 Feb 2021
Reflection # 4
- The federal minimum wage is $7.25, the minimum wage in California is currently $12 (rising by $1 per year to $15 in 2023). In recent years, many people have begun to campaign for a “living wage” guarantee rather than a “minimum wage” guarantee.
- Use this link to understand the difference between the two terms. http://www.howmoneywalks.com/living-wage-vs-minimum-wage-whats-the-difference/ (Links to an external site.)
- Calculate the “Living wage” for your city using this link
- Do you agree with a “minimum wage” or a “living wage”? Discuss how the minimum wage has impacted you, your friends, or your families food choices in LA.
- (I am an international student, from china. I live in city of el monte that belong to Los Angeles County, California.I am an international student and cannot work in the United States while studying. The minimum wage can not impact me, I have no family in America）