Please submit your Mid-Term Project here. Before you do so, please double check that you have completed all of the required components and that you have used APA style appropriately.
Your mid-term project is due in module 3.
Select one of the following project options:
Traditionally this project has asked you to design 8-10 interview questions to use when you interview a professional working in your content area. For example if your content/certification area is biology, you could interview someone in health care; if your field is LOTE you could interview a person who uses fluency in Spanish or French in his/her job.
- Your interview questions
- Grounded in the standards set forth by New York State and/or your professional organization in your content area you feel this assignment pertains to
- A three to four page reflection on what you learned about how 7-12 literacy as outlined in your content standards translates to the reality of being career ready.
- What aspects of content area literacy does the person you interviewed use that may not be covered in the K-12 standards-based school experience?
- Media/Digital Literacy
- This is required to be woven throughout your MATP portfolio. Can you think of a way you can highlight creative ways that students in your content area can be involved in digital.media literacy?
- Production is key here; watching a power point or using a SmartBoard really does not get at the heart of being career ready in terms of digital media literacy.
- An artifact (website/ blog/ lesson plans….)
- The CCSS in your discipline this digital/media work (project) addresses
- A three to four page reflection paper where you discuss how this artifact meets the CCSS (or national/state/local content standards) and how this helps deepen your understanding of digital/media literacy in order to prepare your students to be ready for college, careers, and life.
- Design your own mid-term
- Project/concept must be approved by the course instructor no later than February 4, 2019
- You need to tie this to the CCSS or the state, national, local standards in your content area
- It must demonstrate your appreciation of literacy in your content area
- It must include a 3-4 page reflective paper or analysis on the project and how this relates to the CCSS and literacy in your content area.
- Important note:
- Whatever you do for your mid-term project it should be a meaningful learning experience for you that allows you to showcase your understanding and appreciation of literacy in your content area. This should not be an exercise in busy work.
- Approach this as a mini-unit plan (1 week), a slice of a longer unit plan), or an extended lesson.
- Perhaps you have created a bolg or website in another MAT course. Can you expand on this as well as reflect on how it is either helping you to gain a deeper understanding of using your content area standards in your planning and/or how it is helping your students become college and career ready?
- Is there a book related to content area literacy you would like to read and write a book review on?