You are being asked to write a short description (i.e., proposal) of an electronic document/record management system project that you will do for this class (see the final project requirements). It may be based on an actual business or a fictitious enterprise.
In the proposal you need to create a short profile of an organization of your choice showing the type of business, the number of employees and the number of customers. Describe the type of documents and records that are currently kept on the customer and whether they are manual or electronic. You can make your own assumptions. Check the following questions to make sure your proposal provides all the required information:
- What does the business do and what industry are they in?
- What type of documents do they collect or create, and are they currently paper or electronic?
- How many documents are there and typically how many pages are each document by type?
- How many users are there potentially and where are they located?
- At least one piece of information you feel important in defining the project (i.e., any specific aspect(s) of EDRMS you would address and focus on. For example, retention, classification, disposition, migration, security and privacy, indexing, metadata, workflow, collaboration, etc.)
There will be an “oral defense” component for this proposal. You will schedule an one-on-
one meeting with the professor and be ready to answer the professor’s questions about
your proposal. Failure to show up in this meeting, or to effectively answer the questions in
the oral discussion, may result in grade deductions.