For the concept Hindbrain and Midbrain: Create a 2-page handout useful for non-clinicians and clients. It is a teaching or reference tool that is written in accessible language (along with accurate/clinical terms), visually interesting and engaging, practical and relevant to daily living. Think of it as a laminated sheet of paper that you could pull out of your office drawer to discuss with a client or have hanging around in your lobby. Be creative AND professional.
You will answer the following questions for your assigned topic.
(1) Describe each component included (if necessary) as well as the overall system.
(2) What is the normal functioning? How does a person know that it’s functioning? What is a real life example?
(3) What is the impact and resulting processes/symptoms when trauma, substances, and/or TBI injury occur?
(4) What other system or component is highly linked/works in partnership with this system or structure? (There may be more than one option so pick one that you find interesting or useful.)
(5) What is usefulness of this information to a “typical” non-graduate student person in the world? How might they use it in daily life?
(6) What are two activities a person could do to test, explore, or understand their lived experience of this system/structure?
The tool must include:
(A) Multiple relevant visual/pictorial information. Pictures, drawings, icons, symbols. (As long as you cite them you can copy from texts, internet, etc.)
(B) Adequate explanation/written information requested.
(C) Real life applicable situations or experiences as examples.
(D) 2 Activities for the “reader” to do to demonstrate the function, understand the concept, or explore their brain and body.
(E) Citation and reference information. Must include the textbook Biological Psychology-attached, TBKTS-The body keeps the score, and at least two additional reputable sources. Peer review articles, textbooks, or legitimate science based websites. Think Harvard Medical, CDC, Mayo Clinic, etc. (This can be printed in 10 point font on the bottom of the page)
Paragraph/typed information formatting: ½ inch margins, 12 point font, single spaced, typed, justified text (where applicable). Unlike other assignments, headers as a response to the requirements are not to be included, nor are the questions. Create headers as needed as applicable to your needs. It must be in color. Landscape or portrait. Submit as a PDF.