4. Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources, use APA style as required, check your spelling.
Write a 1750-2000 word essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer the questions for each bullet point. There should be separate sections, one for each bullet below. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) citations in your essay. Make sure to reference the citations using the APA writing style for the essay. The cover page and reference page do not count towards the minimum word amount.
1. The definition of teaching in this chapter discusses how a teacher can modify his or her behavior to influence students as it is the only behavior a teacher has control over. Give three examples of different kinds of inappropriate behavior involving interruptions by students in class and discuss how a teacher’s influence can change each.
2. The textbook supports the use of a decision-making hierarchical approach to managing the classroom. Discuss the pros and cons to such an approach.
3. Write a scenario of a typical classroom where only a few of the 30 students participate in classroom discussions and, when they do so, they give very short answers. Then, in the next paragraph, discuss four ways a teacher can turn this situation around so most students will be raising their hands to participate, and do so with more detailed and well thought-out answers.
4. Look at the list of student behaviors on page 42 in Chapter 2 of the textbook. Choose 10 of these behaviors and give at least one type of “wrong” behavior a teacher may be employing that might make student misbehavior increase.