A. Create Timeline
Create a timeline in Excel or Word that discusses the history of learning. Be sure to include the following points on your timeline:
- Plot the historical point at which observable behavior was studied.
- Plot the historical point at which cognitive behaviorism and cognitive mapping was studied.
- Plot the historical point at which memory and learning began to be studied.
Be sure to include at least one self-created image, graph, diagram, mind map, etc. per historical point. Also, be sure to include at least one outside source per historical point.
Note: For an example of how to submit the timeline in Excel click here.
When plotting each point on your timeline, be sure to answer the following questions:
- Who was the lead researcher? Were there other contributors?
- Explain the importance of the related theory on the timeline point.
- Explain how animal research was conducted to support this theory.
- What other factors were important at this historical point?
- What image comes to mind when thinking about this theory or point in history?
B. Unit Summary
Write a one-page, 250-word summary of the following:
- Explain the importance of observable behavior and use of behavioral theory.
- Summarize the importance of cognitive behaviorism and mapping.
Note: If you have chosen Excel to create your timeline, please use the same Excel document to add in your summary. Go back to the example provided to see how this is done.
C. Behavior Pattern Choice
In this course, we will be working on a behavior pattern that you would like to add, remove, increase or decrease. In this assignment, you will submit a behavior pattern choice to the instructor on a separate page or sheet for approval.
Examples of behavior patterns that one might like to remove or decrease are smoking, eating sweets, drinking, cursing, overeating, etc. Examples of pattern behaviors that one might like to add or increase are exercising, reading, meditating, praying, earning better grades in school, etc.
For this assignment, you should clearly identify the target behavior and outline what aspects of the behavior you would like to increase or decrease. You could mention the struggles you have had with this target behavior in the past, challenges you might face while attempting to change the behavior, etc.
Your assignment should be four pages. Note: If you have chosen Excel, this would be the equivalent to 1,000 words total.
Format your timeline using APA style. Be sure to have a title page and a reference page in addition to the three required pages for the timeline and the summary. If you have questions about using APA style, reach out to the CSU Writing Center. You may also write your question in the Ask the Professor forum for this course.
/Assignment: Instructions Assignment: Resources