10 Jan 2021
- Review this week’s Learning Resources, including the SEER (Surveillance Epidemiology and End Results) and other cancer registry websites.
- Search local news sources or other online resources for a local public health event/trend of interest to you.
- Analyze the surveillance methods used to monitor the event/trend you selected and formulate suggestions for their improvement.
- Post a 3-paragraph evaluation of the event/trend you selected. Include the following:
- A brief description of the local public health event/trend you have selected
- An explanation of the software applications/systems and surveillance methods (i.e., systems and procedures) used to monitor the event or trend you selected
- An evaluation that explains your position on whether the surveillance methods used to monitor the event/trend were/are adequate and effective
- Recommendations on how to improve the use of informatics to monitor this event/trend
Shi, L., & Johnson, J. A. (Eds.). (2014). Novick & Morrow’s public health administration: Principles for population-based management (3rd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett.
- Chapter 13, “Public Health Information Systems and Management” (pp. 267–288)