Assignment #3: Franchise Opportunity Analysis
For this project, you will write a Franchise Opportunity Analysis You will select a company in your local marketplace that has a niche (for example, a cool coffee shop or a doggy daycare that offers unique services), and identify what makes the business a good fit for franchising. This business should NOT be currently sold as a franchised business. So, you would not be able to use Jimmy John’s but you could use Geno’s Cheesesteaks. Basically, think of the local “mom and pop” diner or bodega. You can use the same business that you discussed in learning activity in week 6.
Then, Include the following information about the business. Be explicit about why you think the business is franchisable (refer to Andrew Friedman’s video (below) and Carol Tice’s (below) article from week 7’s assigned reading on determining franchise ability of the brand). Provide the following:
- Name of the business
- Brief overview of the business concept
- Why is it franchisable?
- What is the niche being filled?
- What else is similar in the marketplace (competition)?
- Who is the target market for the business?
- Your Power Point presentation should be 8-10 slides in length (not including title slide and reference slide).
Finally, you must sell the franchise to us. Incorporate into the presentation list out five features of the business and how those features could benefit a potential franchisee. Essentially, tell me why I should buy one of your franchises instead of your competitors.
Tips for Success
- Before writing the paper, review the grading rubric for the assignment so you understand how the assignment will be graded
- In writing this paper, third person writing is required.What this means is that there are no words such as “I, me, my, we, or us” (first person writing), nor is there use of “you or your” (second person writing).If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this http://www.quickanddirtytips.
- In writing this assignment, students are asked to support the reasoning using in-text citations and a reference list.A reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa.View the sample APA paper in attached in this folder. You must cite at least three references using APA format like the example below.
- In writing this assignment, students are expected to paraphrase and not use direct quotes.Learn to paraphrase by reviewing this https://writing.wisc.edu/
- Using the grading rubric as a comparison, read through the paper to ensure all required elements are presented.
Note: The links below contains the assignment and most importantly, the RUBRIC.
Tice, C. (n. d.). Franchise your business in 7 steps. Entrepreneur. Retrieved from https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/204998
Andrew Friedman’s video: