In preparation for casework, you should read Case 1: The Case Method on pages 363-366 of your text.
The Hanover-Bates Chemical Corporation case is on pages 417-420 of your text.
After reading the case, answer these four questions. Make sure you include the question in each section and then your answer.
- How well does the Northeast District compare with other Hanover‑Bates districts in sales and profitability?
- Why has this district experienced a decline in profitability?
- What can Jim Sprague do to revive the profitability of this district?
- What behavioral problems must be overcome?
As you answer these four questions, the grading rubric requires that you include a discussion of the following:
- ISSUES – Recognizes multiple problems in the case. Indicates some issues are more important than others and explains why
- PERSPECTIVES – Clearly describes the unique perspectives of multiple key characters
- KNOWLEDGE – Discusses facts of the case in relation to empirical and theoretical research and add knowledge from personal experience
- ACTIONS – Proposed actions seem to deal with the most important issues
- CONSEQUENCES – Consequences are tied to the issues deemed most important