Teams are established for many reasons. With employees working at numerous sites, we find that teams are establishing virtually, with members of the team joining together synchronously using video conferencing. In this assignment, you will have the opportunity to compare team behaviors in face-to-face and online (virtual) environments.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
- Include a minimum of five scholarly topic-relevant sources (majority of articles should be published within past 5 years)
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Write a paper of 2,000-2,500 words in which you discuss virtual teams. Address the following:
- Similarities and differences between face-to-face teams and virtual teams
- Development stages of teams
- Factors in virtual teams that result in success and inhibit success
- Best practices for leading a virtual team
- Ethical challenges of virtual teams