Build a plan for evaluating the job description you created in Week Two. Share the plan in this discussion area. Evaluate the plans of at least two peers, citing at least two scholarly sources including the course text.
Job Description created:
U.S Navy/DOD HR Manager
We are looking to add an HR Manager to our team who strives to make our company a premier employment destination for the top talent in our industry. The HR Manager will be responsible for evaluating employee performance, recommending improvements to employee relations policies and ensuring that all employee-related policies in each department align with our corporate goals and established regulations. The successful candidate will be tasked with reducing employee attrition within our organization while attracting top qualified talent to fill open positions.
Examples of HR Manager responsibilities
- Develop and implement programs to enhance employee relations and offer employee support to each staff member
- Ensure that the new hire orientation process adequately introduces new employees to our corporate culture
- Deliver compensation and benefit comparison reports to the executive team each month and make recommendations to improve the company’s current offerings
- Develop and implement new strategies to measure employee morale and determine methods for improving overall employee satisfaction
- Act as liaison between the company and outside legal and professional resources to ensure that all employment policies are in accordance with current laws and regulations
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’ Degree in Human Resources or related business field
- 3+ years’ experience in a human resources supervisory position
- Demonstrated ability to improve employee morale
- Comprehensive understanding of local, state and federal employment laws
- Exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills
- Strong understanding of HRSmart software preferred
- Willing to travel occasionally for trainings and seminars as needed.
Designing a Compensation Package
Using the job description and evaluation method that you created for the exercises in weeks 2 & 3, and the feedback from peers, design a proposal for a competitive compensation package for the position, including the following elements:
- Job description
- Method of Job evaluation
- Intrinsic and extrinsic benefits
- Compensation package and rationale for same
- How performance will be measured
- Why the proposal you have created is appropriate for the market at this time.
- Compensation strategy.
The proposal should be formatted in accordance with APA, 6th edition, and the guidelines of the template provided at the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.). It should be between 2000 – 2500 words in length excluding title page and references. Be sure to include at least 6 scholarly and/or popular sources, one of which must be the course text
Weathington, B. L. & Weathington, J. G. (2016). Compensation and benefits: Aligning rewards with strategy [Electronic version]. Retrieved from https://ashford.content.edu