You are tasked with creating portions of a continuity of operations (COOP) plan to cover contingencies for a complex disaster scenario affecting your organization, community, jurisdiction, or host country. Use any emergency preparedness plan as the basis for your design or evaluation of the continuity of operations plan.
- Write portions of a full COOP plan that addresses a crisis/disaster scenario that develops over time and changes phases from threat to actualization.
- Give background information concerning the source of the threat (for natural hazards include the source, intensity, direction, speed, etc.; and for human induced threats describe the perpetrators or the nature of the accident with all the relevant information) (sources may include a hazard mitigation plan and/or THIRA [Threats and Hazards Identification and Risk Assessment]).1
- List the titles and brief explanation of the parties involved in response activities and the stakeholders.
- Delineate the roles, responsibilities, and resources required for the creation and implementation of an effective plan.
- You should also draw upon the laws, bylaws, regulations, and procedures that underlie the concept of the event and response/planning operations.
- Address all of the issues that require effective response involving life safety and short-term recovery. This requires the knowledge of risks, hazards, emergency management, and homeland security doctrines; plus plan and exercise development doctrine, including project/program management.
- Note: References should be APA.