. You develop an integrated communication plan for one of the following management topics:
- Voluntary turnover
- Self-directed teams
- Intercultural communications
- Projectized organizational structure
- Organizational conflict / agreement
You may use one of the case studies, a current news story, or a problem at an organization you are familiar with.
- You must identify an organizational problem associated with one of these management topics. For example you may focus on high turnover rates, or interpersonal conflict rooted in cultural differences, or transforming and organization to a projectized environment.
- Once you have identified the problem you need to develop the business case to solve the problem. Create outline of the business case based on the seven step process presented in Module 6:
- Define the Opportunity
- Identify the Alternatives
- Gather Data and Estimate Time Frame
- Analyze the Alternatives
- Make a Choice and Assess the Risk
The solution to the problem is what you are planning to communicate.
- Develop the communication goal and supporting objectives. The communication goal should support the solution to the problem identified in step 2.The objectives define the expected outcome of the communication goals.
- Identify the audience. Create power influence grid to identify and catalog the stakeholders for communications plan. Use the template or create
- Identify the themes and key messages for your communication plan. Use the template or create
- Determine the communication methods and techniques. Use the template or create . Consider all of the stakeholders when you are deciding on communication methods and techniques. It is possible that a communication method is specific to a single stakeholder.
- Prepare report for senior level management that outlines your communications plan. Your report should be no less than 8 pg. in length not including the title and reference . You may embed charts and graphs in your report. Your report should include:
- An introduction that identifies the problem your communication plan is addressing.
- The business case (step 2 items 1-5 above) for addressing the problem.
- The plan to communicate the selected solution. You will need to review the products you created in steps 3-6 and describe what those products are and how they work together.
- A conclusion that specifies the expected results of implementing your communication plan.
- Prepare presentation for senior level management based on your report.You are proposing that management expend resources to implement your communication plan.