“Fact Sheets” Please respond to the following:
- From the e-Activity, determine how the content of the report you selected would most likely impact U.S. businesses seeking to do business in foreign countries. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- Referencing the same report, determine how universities and state and community colleges might use it to effectively plan for expansion in the world trade market.
- E-activity =
- Go to the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Website, located at http://cbp.gov/. Select one of the Task Force Reports from the tab entitled, “Newsroom, Fact Sheets” and review the contents on that page. Be prepared to discuss.
Should universities and colleges that venture abroad institute specific departments and positions to manage their activities in other countries? (Including tasks such as terror threat detection, campus security, and monitoring and protecting their intellectual properties?) Or should they relegate such responsibilities to current departments/employees, and if so, which?
Also, how will such considerations affect the traditionally academic-oriented mindsets at such organizations?
“Homeland Security” Please respond to the following:
- The Homeland Security Act has been the subject of much scrutiny and criticism. From your own experience, suggest two changes that could be made to security procedures to deter terrorism and discuss their potential benefits.
- Speculate the threats to importing and exporting activities that might exist if the changes you describe are not enacted.
Please visit the following site for information about CBP’s Trusted Traveler Programs: