Ashford 3: – Week 2 – Assignment
Resources Short Essay
As an early childhood educator, it is crucial to identify resources around the community to create a quality early care and education program. Our communities provide resources for families and early care and education programs to support children’s development. The Internet is a virtual tool that provides access to many resources. As a professional, you will need to evaluate the resources for quality and credibility.
For this assignment, you will write a three- to four-page paper providing a review of a community resource and two virtual resources that are available to you. Please include:
- One community resource to share with parents and to use as an early childhood professional to support children’s development.
- One virtual resource to share with parents.
- One virtual resource that you can use as an early childhood professional.
For each of these resources, please provide the following:
- A summary of what the resource includes and how it supports children’s development.
- A rationale explaining why this resource is valuable to educators and to parents.
- An explanation of how you will use this resource as an educator or how you will encourage parents to use this resource.
Your paper should be three to four pages in length (not including the title and reference pages) and must be formatted according to APA style. You must include one community resource, two virtual resources (websites), the textbook, and one additional scholarly source, all formatted according to APA style.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.