ANALYZING METHODOLOGICAL APPROACHES TO APPLY IN QUALITATIVE RESEARCH
Important: Use the feedback you have received throughout this course to revise the content you write for this assignment.
In this fourth and final assignment, you will write a paper that compares two different methodological approaches that could be applied for the same research topic. The essential aspects of qualitative research you will write about in this paper are usually included in qualitative research proposals. This final paper will expand upon and strengthen the essential aspects of qualitative research that you wrote about in the first three assignments. You will revise and refine the content from those papers based upon feedback you have received and what you have learned during this course, and use your revised content as the foundation for this assignment. For this final course paper, you will complete the following for each of your two selected methodological approaches:
- State the research question.
- State a rationale that is supported with research theory.
- Develop a plan for gathering data related to the research topic.
- Explain how the data would be analyzed.
- Address ethical issues that may be present with the data collection and analysis.
- Support your ideas for the data collection plans and data analysis strategies with the appropriate academic sources.
Write about two different qualitative, methodological approaches and apply them to the topic you developed in the Week 4 assignment. Use the Week 10 Assignment Template [DOCX] to structure your paper. In your paper:
- Present the research topic you identified in the Week 4 assignment.
- Identify the first selected methodological approach you identified in the Week 8 assignment, as well as the research question that aligns with that approach.
- Identify the second methodological approach you identified in the Week 8 assignment, as well as the research question that aligns with that approach.
- Support your assignment with appropriate academic sources and include both citations and references in the current APA format. Use 7â€“10 scholarly resources published within the past three years by recognized academic sources.
Your assignment should also meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Length of paper: 15 pages that meet the structure provided in the assignment instructions.
- Resources: 7â€“10 scholarly resources. Include a reference page at the end of the paper.
- APA guidelines:Double-spaced paragraph formatting in the body of the paper. When appropriate, use APA-formatted headings. Resources and citations are formatted according to the current APA style and format.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12-point.