Presenting Policy Recommendations
Health care leaders must be able to analyze collected literature, assess the market, and determine how specific laws affect their organization. They must also be able to examine the outcomes and impact of legislation and find ways to advocate for change. Advocacy depends upon a solid analysis and recommendations based on research.
This assignment provides an opportunity for you to present your investigation conclusions, findings, recommendations, and possible future trends related to the legislation.
By successfully completing this assignment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assignment criteria:
- Competency 2: Evaluate significant federal and state legislation that affects the scope of, access to, availability of, and reimbursement for health care services.
- Competency 4: Evaluate the combined effects of social, economic, ethical, legal, and political forces on health care.
- Competency 5: Recommend possible initiatives available to address current gaps in health care policy.
- Competency 6: Communicate effectively, in an appropriate form and style, consistent with applicable organizational, professional, and scholarly standards.
Your work on the health care think tank research paper is coming to a conclusion. You have been asked to complete all of your work and deliver your final research paper by the end of the week. To tie all of your work together, you must draft your conclusions and the final recommendations that you will make to the board. Keep in mind that the think tank may share your research with other health care entities, professionals, policy makers, and organizations. Be sure to provide a solid recap of your analysis, possible gaps, conclusions, and recommendations to address gaps or create stronger legislation in the near future. In addition, consider possible limitations that could interfere with future improvements.
Refine the first three sections of your research paper that you completed in Units 3, 5, and 7, integrating feedback received from your instructor and peers. Then present your conclusions, findings, and recommendations with a section on possible future trends related to your chosen legislation.
Add a 200-word abstract to your paper.
Assignment Format and Length
Format your research paper using APA style. You are encouraged to be creative in presenting your work as appropriate for your topic, including self-designed graphs, tables, and figures. Do not use any material copied directly from other works.
An APA Style Paper Tutorial is provided to help you write and format your paper. Organize your paper as follows:
- Title page.
- Introduction (Week 3).
- Literature Review (Week 5).
- Analysis (Week 7).
- Conclusion and Recommendations (4â€“6 pages):
- References page.
Your final paper should comprise 20â€“25 pages of content (text and supporting graphs, tables, or figures) plus title, abstract, and references pages.
Cite 3â€“5 credible sources from peer-reviewed journals or professional industry publications to support your conclusions, recommendations, and forecasted trends.
The following assignment requirements correspond to the assignment scoring guide criteria, so be sure to address each point. Read the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
- Draw evidence-based conclusions about how health care policy processes affect the provision of health care services.
- Present evidence for health care policy gaps and your recommendations for policy initiatives to close those gaps.
- Explain the extent to which social, economic, ethical, legal, and political forces shape U.S. health care.
- Write clearly and concisely in a logically coherent and appropriate form and style.
- Support main points, conclusions, and recommendations with credible evidence from peer-reviewed sources.