Over the last two weeks, you have spent your time analyzing the data and information that you gathered during your literature review. Your supervisor in the health policy think tank is pleased with your literature review and has asked you to move forward with your analysis, considering various perspectives.
The think tank serves multiple health care organizations and policy makers. Health care organizational leadership will depend on your analysis to help them determine strategic, legally compliant measures and lobby policy makers for needed change. You must develop a solid factual analysis to support policy makers in evidence-based policy making.
Consider topics such as painful versus painless cost controls and reimbursement models or quality initiatives that could be improved as indicated by your analysis.
Conduct an in-depth analysis that answers the research question that you posed in Unit 3.
Analyze your findings from the literature:
- What were the research findings?
- What do the findings mean to you?
- What is your own perspective on the legislation and scholarly support for your analysis?
- How would you answer your research question?
Document Format and Length
- Consider adding appropriate headings to this section to help delineate your thoughts. No two papers will require the same headings, as each piece of legislation is different.
- Your analysis and answer to your research question should be 5â€“7 pages in length.
Cite at least 10 sources from the literature review you completed in Unit 5 and add 3â€“5 credible sources from peer-reviewed journals or professional industry publications to support your analysis.
The following requirements correspond to the scoring guide criteria, so be sure to address each point. Read the performance-level descriptions for each criterion to see how your work will be assessed.
- Analyze the effects of social, economic, ethical, legal, and political forces on health care.
- Determine the influence of values and assumptions in setting health care priorities and allocating resources.
- Determine the nature and extent of current gaps in health care policy.
- Analyze the effects of the legislation you have chosen to investigate on health care facilities, health plans, communities, and patients.
- Support main points, arguments, and conclusions with credible evidence from peer-reviewed sources.
Assignment Expectations Guide
1. Provides an astute analysis of the effects of social, economic, ethical, legal, and political forces on health care, supported by an accurate, unbiased interpretation and synthesis of the evidence and clearly articulated cause-and-effect relationships.
2. Determines the influence of values and assumptions in setting health care priorities and allocating resources. Resolves ambiguities and draws logical conclusions from an insightful synthesis of credible evidence.
3. Determines the nature and extent of current gaps in health care policy. Provides a succinct, articulate summary, reconciles conflicting viewpoints, and makes logical inferences based on an accurate and insightful analysis of the evidence.
4. Provides an astute analysis of the effects of specific legislation on health care facilities, health plans, communities, and patients, supported by an accurate and unbiased interpretation of the legislation and clearly articulated cause-and-effect relationships.
5. Supports main points, inferences, and conclusions, with credible evidence from peer-reviewed sources. Skillfully combines error-free source citations with a perceptive and coherent synthesis of the evidence.