The nurse is often a moral spectator observing decisions made by others and dealing with the patient’s response to those decisions.
Select an article about a situation where a decision by a physician, insurance company, government agency, or health institution adversely affected a patient or countermanded a patient’s wishes. It is recommended that you utilize the LIRN Library when conducting research for this paper. You can access the LIRN Library in your Canvas navigation bar.
Write a 2- to 3-page paper analyzing this article and considering the following.
- —-The nurse’s role in affirming the patient’s wishes and risks involved
- —-The social and economic consequences of reversing this decision
- —-Guidance from the Code of Ethic for Nurses that sheds light on this situation
- —–The lessons to be learned for similar future situations
- —–The moral residue that haunts the nurse
Provide a bibliography of at least three references. The first should be the citation for the article you selected, and another is the Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements.