You have been assigned to a group for one of the following addictive disorders:
With your group, create an informational resource about your assigned addictive disorder, such as a video, song, worksheet, graphic, presentation, and so on. Make it easy to read or listen to and understand. You are strongly encouraged to use images and graphics. You and your classmates can save these as study tools. Include ***at least two evidence-based*** sources and the following information:
- 1-Name of the disorder
- 2-The DSM-5 criteria for addiction
- 3-Screening and/or diagnostic tools
- 4-Risk factors for becoming addicted
- 5-Patient symptoms during abuse
- 6-What to look for when a person is in withdrawal from this substance
- 7-Pharmacological treatments for addiction and for withdrawal
- 8-Non-pharmacological treatments for addiction and for withdrawal
- 9-National organizations and support groups
- 10-Local organizations and support groups
- 11-What do providers need to know about this disorder?
- 12-What do patients and family members need to know about this disorder?