Discussion 16.1: Self-Reflection
The weekly discussions start with a brief self-examination challenging you to explore your own thoughts and ideas in the practicum. The purpose is to help you develop a deeper understanding of yourself as you begin to develop the necessary clinical skills as a mental health provider. It should only take a few minutes to write, and no references are required. (As a result, note that the rubric for the self-reflections is slightly different from the standard discussion board rubric.)
Reflection topic suggestions:
- Share tips, resources, and techniques that you have found useful in the clinical setting.
- Discuss collaboration with your preceptor and other clinic staff, including both positive and negative interactions.
- Reflect on the role change from expert RN to novice NP.
- Describe an interesting or educational experience from your practicum.
- Describe an issue you are having and possible solutions.