For this project, you will work in a team where you will be creating a narrated PowerPoint presentation on implementing virtual, multicultural, geographically distributed teams in your organization. You will prepare and conduct your presentation over the next 13 steps, during which you will review data on types of teams, team roles, and team leadership. Before you get started, read the full description of the final deliverable and the steps to completion.
Team members are expected to find the information required to address the specific questions they are required to answer at each step of the project. The primary purpose of Project 4 is for teams to show they understand and can apply the key MBA concepts found throughout Project 4 to the particular organization the team has selected for study. Project 4 is not complete until the key MBA concepts from each stepâ€™s materials have been applied, as applicable, to the teamâ€™s organization.
It is the teamâ€™s obligation to demonstrate both an understanding of the organization they selected and explain, apply, and integrate the key MBA concepts provided to them within the projectâ€™s course materials to that organization. Examples of how the MBA concepts and course materials provided apply to an organization are expected. The sources used should be properly cited (APA) in-text and listed in a reference section.
Begin your presentation by going to Step 1: Meet Teammates and Select an Organization.
When you submit your project, your work will be evaluated using the competencies listed below. You can use the list below to self-check your work before submission.
- 1.3: Provide sufficient, correctly cited support that substantiates the writerâ€™s ideas.
- 1.4: Tailor communications to the audience.
- 1.5: Use sentence structure appropriate to the task, message and audience.
- 1.7: Create neat and professional looking documents appropriate for the project or presentation.
- 1.8: Create clear oral messages.
- 2.1: Identify and clearly explain the issue, question, or problem under critical consideration.
- 2.2: Locate and access sufficient information to investigate the issue or problem.
- 2.3: Evaluate the information in a logical and organized manner to determine its value and relevance to the problem.
- 2.4: Consider and analyze information in context to the issue or problem.
- 2.5: Develop well-reasoned ideas, conclusions or decisions, checking them against relevant criteria and benchmarks.
- 4.1: Lead and/or participate in a diverse group to accomplish projects and assignments.
- 4.2: Demonstrate the ability to plan and execute a project, articulating clear objectives and goals for the team.
- 4.3: Contribute to team projects, assignments, or organizational goals as an engaged member of a team.
- 4.4: Demonstrate diversity and inclusiveness in a team setting.
- 5.1: Develop constructive resolutions for ethical dilemmas based on application of ethical theories, principles and models.
- 5.2: Assess the implications of legal, ethical and cultural (national) standards on an organization’s operations in global markets and make recommendations for appropriate actions.
- 5.4: Resolve workplace conflicts using the optimal approaches and techniques for the situation and involved parties.
- 8.2: Analyze an organization’s current technology capabilities and needs, identifying specific strengths and areas of weakness.
- 9.1: Design organizational structure, systems and processes that support the strategic goals of the organization.
- 11.1: Recommend strategic plan for the use of technology to meet the strategic goals of organization.
- 13.1: Identify and analyze new opportunities.
- 13.2: Create and implement new initiative or enterprise.