The long-term care system is in a rapid period of change, with the need for long-term care services growing as more and more baby boomers enter retirement. This assignment will cover an analysis of the long-term care (LTC) system.
Include the following for this assignment:
- Summarize how the current long-term care (LTC) system was developed.
- Classify the key strengths and weaknesses in the system.
- Explain how the continuum of care applies to the long-term care system of today.
- Compare the strengths and weaknesses of the institutional approach as it relates to a patient’s continuum of care.
- Compare the strengths and weaknesses of the non-institutional approach as it relates to a patient’s continuum of care.
- Defend your point of view on the long-term care system.