Develop your own diversity curriculum on “Sexism”, as well as implement theories, strategies, ideas, and best practices. As a result, adult students from various diverse backgrounds should feel comfortable in the learning environment you provide.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Create a course name and description for your chosen curriculum.
- Develop a minimum of five (5) course learning outcomes for your chosen curriculum.
- Prepare a lesson plan for a four (4) hour class meeting for your chosen curriculum. Use the lesson plan template provided here, as well as the sample curriculum outline in the appropriate chapter of your textbook for assistance and / or ideas.
- Use at least four (4) quality academic resources written within the past five (5) years. Note: For this assignment, you may use videos you choose for class activities as resources. Wikipedia and other similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Format your assignment according to the following formatting requirements:
- Typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a reference page. Citations and references must follow APA format. The reference page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze various theories of diversity, and determine how they apply to adult teaching and learning environments.
- Explore the context and development of diversity within adult education and training.
- Examine methods to integrate diversity into instructional content.
- Develop strategies and activities applicable to diverse adult learning environments.
- Create best practices for designing instructional content for diverse adult learners.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in diversity in adult education.
- Write clearly and concisely about diversity in adult education using proper writing mechanics.