- 4-6 minutes
- 6-10 slides
- 6 by 6 rules – you must have a maximum of 6 sentences and 6 words per slide
- You must use APA citations on each slide
- You must have a reference page as your last slide
- Presentations will be assessed using the Dialogues of Learning oral communication rubric
- All of your presentation materials must be submitted on Canvas, including your slides, formal outline, and speaking outline
- Your presentation must be submitted on Canvas
- Formal outline
- Typed, full sentence, correct format, complete reference page.
- All information in your slides and speaking outline must be included
- Speaking outline
- You may use either note cards and single page to use during your presentation
- Contains key words and phrases
You will apply Bandura’s theory to one person from The Glass Castle. You will describe a situation in which the person’s behavior was affected by the observation and imitation of another person and explain to the audience how the person was influenced by the interactions between his/her cognitions, environment and behavior. Any character in the book may be used.
- The goal of this presentation is to provide information to your audience
- You must cite both The Glass Castle and two individual chapters of the iBook (Chapters 3 and 4) in their presentations
- Content Main Ideas:
- 3: The self is produced by the interaction between cognitions, the environment, and behavior.
- 4: The construct of self is a function of observing and imitating the behavior of others.