Review the illustration of the Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) model on the Institute for Health Care Improvement’s How to Improve (Links to an external site.) web page. Identify an issue that can occur within the hospital, physician office, a community health service (e.g., mental health, meals-on-wheels, Planned Parenthood, etc.), or your local health department that could use improvement. After reviewing the information about the Plan-Do-Study-Act (PDSA) model, list your answers to the top three questions, and list the personnel to include on a team that would develop the action plan for improvement.
- What are we trying to accomplish?
- How will we know that a change is an improvement?
- What changes can we make that will result in improvement?
Your initial post should be 250 to 300 words and utilize at least one scholarly source from the Ashford University Library to justify your recommendations for improvement. Sources must be cited in APA format as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Introduction to APA (Links to an external site.). The Research, Keywords, Databases: An Overview (Links to an external site.) video tutorial is available to help you become more familiar with the library database search features and how to generate keywords.
Guided Response: Read your classmates’ posts. Then choose two classmates and, based upon their initial posts, answer the questions listed below. Your guided response posts should be a minimum of five well-developed sentences.
- Consider the communication factors among team members that could cause a barrier to find a solution to the problem. Discuss your approach to effective communication.
- In addition, discuss any barriers during the CQI process that might cause a breakdown in communication between the team members that your classmate chose to resolve their issue.