Case Management Plan
In this final assignment, you will demonstrate your understanding of direct services to various client populations by creating a Case Management Plan using a fictional scenario. Before getting started, review and select one of the fifteen brief scenarios identified in Chapter 1 (under Exercise 1: Case Management) of the textbook. As part of this assignment, you are to imagine that you are a case manager who has been assigned to provide assistance to the individual depicted in your chosen scenario. Your task will be to prepare a written plan that outlines how you intend to incorporate the critical features of the case management process. You will also need to consider various practical components that are related to the different steps of the case management process.
Your assignment will consist of completing the two sections identified below. Please be sure to address all content areas within each section. In addition to the course text, use a minimum of three scholarly and/or credible full-text resources from the Ashford University Library to support your statements and examples. Do not use websites for this assignment. Watch the Quick ‘n’ Dirty (Links to an external site.) tutorial if you would like an overview of the research process and how to conduct a database search in the Ashford University Library.
Section I: Client Description
In no more than one page, provide a detailed description of your client. This description must include
- Demographic information.
- The population (e.g., older adults, members of the LGBT community, the mentally ill, substance abusers, victims of domestic violence, etc.) reflected in the case example selected (there may be more than one population, depending on your examination of the client’s situation).
- Issues and challenges that require the need for case management services.
- Factors that contribute to the client’s issues and challenges.
If your selected scenario does not contain all of this information, you are welcome to create additional content to provide a more detailed picture of the client’s situation.
Section II: Case Management Processes and Skills
In seven to eight pages, you will appraise each of the major areas and skills of the case management process as they relate to providing direct services to your client. The following areas must be included in this section:
- Initial Interview and Assessment:
- Summarize main functions and purposes of your first meeting with the client, tasks you will perform, and how you will use social history and assessment forms in creating a detailed picture of your client’s needs.
- Evaluate the role of the strengths-based approach, including what it is, how you will use it in assessment, and descriptions of one to two examples of its application from scholarly and/or credible sources.
- Explain the significance of appropriate documentation within the assessment phase.
- Summarize main functions and purposes of the planning phase, one to two specific best practice interventions that you will examine and propose to address the client’s challenge(s), and one to two examples of their application from scholarly and/or credible sources.
- Explain the significance of appropriate documentation within the planning phase.
- Summarize the main functions and purposes of linking the client to necessary resources and specific referrals that you will need to make to implement your plan of treatment/intervention.
- Explain the significance of appropriate documentation when making referrals and linking the client to services.
- Monitoring and Termination:
- Summarize the main functions and purposes of monitoring the client’s progress and specific ways in which you intend to monitor the client.
- Summarize the main functions and purposes of terminating the professional relationship and tasks that you will perform as part of the termination phase with the client.
- Explain the significance of appropriate documentation when monitoring and terminating services.
The Case Management Plan (Ashford University Library)
- Must be eight to nine double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly and/or credible full-text sources from the Ashford library in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on scholarly resources. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.