There are many types of monetary compensation not tied directly to salary or hourly pay.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400–600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas:
- Explain the difference between regular pay (for normal work hours and duties) and other forms of direct compensation, such as bonuses.
- How would you recommend that an organization blend the types of pay to maximize employee motivation?
Citations and references
APA Format with Citations and References- Minium of 750 words
A strategic purpose for a well-blended compensation program, one that includes various types of direct compensation, is gaining employee commitment and productivity. One of the most effective tactics for this strategy is designing a process for linking individual achievement to organizational goals.
Prepare a report to senior leaders addressing the following:
- Explain the concept of tying performance to organizational goals.
- Describe the different types of individual and group-level performance measurements.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of individual versus group-level performance recognition?
- Discuss the options an organization has to link individual or group monetary rewards to organizational success.
- Develop recommendations for how to implement, monitor, and evaluate such a program.