Truth In The Media
Test 2: Censorship, Freedom of speech, and Social Media
Part 1- Short essays (20 points each): Please respond to the following short answer questions in 1-2 paragraphs:
1. Evaluate and explain the pros and cons to censorship and its relation to freedom of speech.
2. Review 2 of the court cases that we covered in class. Summarize what happened,
and explain why this case is significant for teens in a public or private school setting.
3. What do you think should be the role of the government in Censorship? What do you think that the public needs to be protected from, if anything? What would you change about the current structure of censorship? (It might be helpful to review the FCC’s Guidelines on the obscene, indecent, and profane).
Part 2- Long Essay (40 points): Please respond to the following question in a well thought out short essay (about 1-2 pages double spaced): Read the following articles and interpret the data based on your experience while answering the following questions:
● What is social Media’s relationship with matters of body image, gender stereotypes, self esteem, and mental illness?
● Do you feel like you have a healthy relationship with social media?
● Is social media beneficial or detrimental to society?
○ How is it being used to break people down
○ How should it be used to build people up