Read and understand all the instructions and the guidelines that giving below, then write one full page paper as a proposal for Supply Chain Design Project.
This one page proposal is the first step of this project, and later on you will handle the entire project which will be at least full 6 pages long.
Supply Chain Design Project Paper:
Students will select a product and will design a global supply chain for that product. Supply Chain design will include such things as product key features, suppliers, manufacturing location, warehouse design and location, transportation/logistics within the supply chain, channel, customers, demand planning.
Write a 100% original paper that will describe the supply chain for your product (paper will be checked by TurnItin for plagiarism) .
– The paper should be full 6 pages long, citing all research references in APA format.
– Paper must include the outline elements (see Paper Outline below)
– Other elements can be incorporate as you wish, to demonstrate the design criteria or features of your supply chain, while demonstrating the knowledge that you have gained in the class.
– Paper to be professionally written, and contain sub-headings such as Executive Summary or Introduction, Product, x, y, z, …, Conclusion/Closing Statement/Summary, etc.
– Note that written business reports should generally be in the third person (not first person).
1. Product description – including key product or quality features (that may impact supply chain design), packaging design if noteworthy, etc.
2. Main components of the product
3. Suppliers of main components – capabilities, location, why did you choose that supplier, etc.
4. Transportation/Logistics from the Supplier to the Manufacturing facility
5. Manufacturing Facility – what type of facility, where is it located, why, etc.
6. Transportation/Logistics from the Manufacturing facility to the Warehouse
7. Warehouse Facility – what type of facility, where is it located, why; inventory levels; etc.
8. Channel description, including transportation/logistics
9. Customer – description of customer, what are their needs, where are they located, etc.
10. Demand Planning for the supply chain
11. Five Performance Metrics that will be used
Multiple countries must be involved (at least 3) – suppliers, manufacturing, warehouse, customers
Other things to consider:
Reverse logistics (is this applicable?)
Supply chain as a competitive advantage
Supply chain integration
Key features or needs of the supply chain that is special to your situation
International trade issues
The one page proposal is the first step of this project, and later on you will handle the entire project which will be as mentioned above at least full 6 pages long.
Proposal must be ready with in 24 hours from now