YOU WILL NEED THE BOOK FOR THIS: Verghese, A. (2010). Cutting for stone: a novel. Knopf
In the novel, Thomas Stone asks, “What treatment in an emergency is administered by ear?” The correct answer is “Words of comfort.” Write an essay that responds to the following questions:
- How does this moment encapsulate the book’s surprising take on medicine?
- Have your experiences with doctors and hospitals held this to be true? Why or why not?
- What does Cutting for Stone tell us about the roles of compassion, faith, and hope in medicine?
- The minimum number of words for this assignment is 500.
- Cite all information that is not your own in APA style. You can find more information on citation here: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
- Include references at the end of the discussion in APA style