When you buy additional capacity for your Capsim plant or add points to your automation rating, your investment in these assets will show up on the Balance Sheet under Fixed Assets as a positive number. That same amount will show up on the Cash Flow statement (as a negative number) under Cash From Investing, because the cash went out of the business for the equipment.
For this assignment, explain the relationship between your team’s Capsim decisions and their impact on the Income Statement and Balance Sheet for last week’s Round 2 competition. Share your decision-making logic. Include in your discussion how your decisions affected, a) sales, b) profit, and c) contribution margin, and explain the concepts and models you used to form and integrate your strategies.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 5-6 pages in length, excluding the title and references pages.
- Be formatted according to the CSU-Global Guide to Writing & APA.
- In addition to course resources, use the CSU-Global Library to find three additional resources to support the position you take.
Be sure to check out the CSU-Global Online Research and Writing Lab. Here you can find:
- Writing considerations and tips
- Writing resources
- Sample papers
- An APA Template for writing assignments