You can discuss any of the literary devices presented in the text and use one for each of the body paragraphs. Even though this would be your analysis, the scholarly source requirement is still valid to back up your point with scholarly research.
- “3 pages” actually means three full pages, not two pages plus a sentence or two on a third
- Use proper MLA formatting (consult the Purdue OWL if necessary)
- Include a Works Cited page, as you would for ALL essays you write both in and out of this class. This is not included in your page count.
- Don’t forget that handouts from me are also considered sources and you must cite them if you use them
- Use in-text citations, complete with page numbers for direct quotes
- You must use outside sources, but they cannot be garbage sources—peer-reviewed scholarly sources only.