- Culturally Appropriate Positive Guidance with Young Children (Links to an external site.)
- Planning for Positive Guidance: Powerful Interactions Make a Difference (Links to an external site.)
- Defining Behavior (IRIS Module) (Links to an external site.)
For this week’s discussion board, access the website: Kids in the House: The Ultimate Parenting Resource (Links to an external site.). The first video that populates is called: Effective Discipline in Early Childhood. View this first video. Select two more videos to watch (they are short and sweet!). Come back and share with your classmates which videos you saw, what you liked, what you disliked, and the practicality of their suggested implementation techniques. First, do you feel their suggestions are appropriate? After deciding one way or the other, do you feel the suggestions are realistic and practical? Why or why not? What different suggestions can you offer?
After completing your initial post, please make sure to respond to at least two of your peers.
After reading through the Defining Behavior brief (Links to an external site.), respond to the following questions:
- How many instances of the problem behavior (tantrums) did you observe?
- What were the antecedents to this behavior?
- What were the consequences to this behavior?
- What is your hypothesis regarding the function of this behavior?