17 Feb 2021
Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999, commonly called Gramm-Leach-Bliley.
- Why were several banks interested in terminating the Glass Steagall Act? Explain the repeal of the Glass Steagall Act. What led to the repeal of the Act? – 25 points
- The following article will help you build up this question: Are Citigroup’s troubles evidence that Glass-Steagall repeal was a colossal mistake? (Links to an external site.). Feel free to use other sources.
- Who did propose the Financial Services Modernization Act? Who did sign the Financial Services Modernization Act? – 10 points
- Which were the arguments used to introduce the Act? – 10 points
- Explain IN DETAILS the Financial Services Modernization Act of 1999 and the relationship STEP BY STEP with the Great Recession of 2007-09 – 35 points (PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS QUESTION WEIGHTS THE HIGHEST ON THIS DISCUSSION)
- Another video to assist you on the interpretation of these events: Bill Clinton Admits “I Was Wrong” (Links to an external site.)
- Bibliography – 5 points