- Reference from two of the following:
- Molly Ivins – Get a Knife, Get a Dog, But Get Rid of Guns – Handout
- Brawer – Say no to concealed carry on campus – Handout
- Hammer – No good reason to deny campus carry – Handout
Students will compose a three page (research) paper continuing of the Molly Ivins reading that we completed last week.
(Please Choose ONE of the following prompts to write on)
- Is the second amendment an antiquated provision that should be done away with? Or should additional amendments be added to the constitution to clarify and limit gun rights in the United States?
- Should America follow the example of other countries (such as Australia and Britain) and just ban all guns?
Use the Ivins essay that was posted on Canvas and at least two sources from the other articles to support your research. Make sure that your paper has:
- A clear, concise, and defined thesis statement that occurs in the first portion of the essay.
- Clear and logical transitions between the introduction, body, and conclusion.
- Body paragraphs that include evidential support.
- Evidential support (whether factual, logical, statistical, or anecdotal).
- A conclusion that does not simply restate the thesis, but readdresses it in light of the evidence provided.
WHEN TYPING YOUR PAPER, PLEASE BE SURE TO DOUBLE–SPACE AND TO USE THE STANDARD 12-POINT FONT IN EITHER Times New Roman or Calibri. FOLLOW MLA RESEARCH GUIDELINES. Be sure to also INCLUDE A WORKS CITED!!!!