Developing a planning strategy for your persuasive speech
Develop a planning strategy for your persuasive speech based on the following five criteria for an effective speech:
- need for credibility
- need for intellectual stimulation
- need for creativity
- need for relevance
Use these criteria to answer the following questions about your own speech:
- How would you demonstrate that you are a credible speaker on this subject?
- How would you keep the audience thinking and learning about your topic?
- How would you make the speech creative?
- How would you demonstrate that this topic is relevant to the audience’s needs and interests?
Be specific in your answers. For instance, don’t just say you are a credible speaker because you have done a lot of research. You need to give us what sources you are using and how you have determined they are credible. For creativity, don’t just say you will use a PowerPoint. You need to tell us what will be on each slide.