The purpose of the assignment is to gather the information needed to set up problems, run simulations, and interpret the results to solve the problems.
Using specified data files, chapter example files, and templates from the “Topic 2 Student Data, Template, and Example Files” topic material, complete Chapter 15, Problems 2, 7, 9, 32 (parts a and b only), 33, and 35 from the textbook. Use the Palisade DecisionTools Excel software to complete these problems where requested and applicable. Problem 2 only requires the use of Microsoft Excel; however, you may optionally use the Palisade DecisionTools Excel software to generate the histogram.
Use the Palisade DecisionTools Excel software to complete the rest of the problems and ensure that all Palisade software output is included in your files. Unless otherwise stated, run simulations with 1,000 trials. Use 500 trials if the software will not allow you to run 1,000 trials. Ensure that only one Excel file is open when running a simulation.
To receive full credit on the assignment, complete the following.
- Ensure that the Palisade software output is included with your submission.
- Ensure that Excel files include the associated cell functions and/or formulas if functions and/or formulas are used.
- Include a written response to all narrative questions presented in the problem by placing it in the associated Excel file.
- Include screenshots of all simulation distribution results for output variables.
- Place each problem in its own Excel file. Ensure that your first and last name are in your Excel file names.
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.