Digestion is more than just eating and going to the bathroom. Digestion is breaking down food, both chemically and mechanically, and absorbing the broken down food into the circulatory system. There are multiple things that take place in the foodâ€™s journey through the digestive system.
Write a story in which you are a cheeseburger with everything on itâ€“meat patty, lettuce, tomato, mayo, ketchup, relish, pickle, cheese, onions, and bun. Describe what happens to you on your trip through the digestive system. Using the information from the module, create an initial post using the following details. Your initial post needs to address each discussion point.
In your story, include and underline the following:
- These structures and how each contributes to digestion:
- Salivary glands
- Small intestine (name the three regions)
- Large intestine
- These digestive processes and where they occur:
- Mechanical digestion
- Chemical digestion
- These food groups, what part of the hamburger they come from, and where they are digested:
- Nucleic acids
- Name the major enzymes involved in digestion, including their source and actions.