Brands sometimes create some interesting twists in their marketing. See if you can identify the following automobile brands.
- Which brand currently uses the “arm punch” device?
- Which brand continues to use the words “zoom zoom”?
- Which brand used the odd term “Farfegnugen”?
- Which brand spends a million dollars a day on research to keep drivers safe?
- Which upscale brand is often represented by a logo that does not incorporate its name?
Most of you will have little trouble identifying these brands, having seen advertising and promotional signage for them, or perhaps just “knowing” that fact about the car brand.
Select one of the brands above and share your recollections about how you learned what you “know” about the brand. Was all of your brand knowledge generated by advertising? What other factors contributed to what you know? Can you determine what information came from what source?