Based on the research question you created, complete the following tasks:
- Fit a multiple regression model, testing whether a moderating variable affects the relationship between the predictor and the outcome variable. Think about whether or not the model will meet assumptions.
- Fit the model, testing for moderation between two key variables.
- Analyze the output, determining whether moderation was significant and how to interpret that result.
- Reflect on possible implications of social change.
Write 2-paragraph analysis in APA format that includes your data output and addresses each of the tasks listed above. See pages 641 and 642 in your Warner textbook for an excellent APA-compliant write-up of a moderation analysis.
This is the research question
The research question: “Does the hours of work every week, the level of education and the hours of TV watching every day has a significant effect on income?”
Warner, R. M. (2013). Applied statistics: From bivariate through multivariate techniques (2nd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.
- Chapter 15, “Moderation: Tests for Interaction in Multiple Regression” (pp. 611–644)