- Students are required to write a short report: Length: 3-5 pages; Sources: cite sources
- Define measurements of unemployment, inflation, nominal GDP and real GDP.
- Find values of these variables for 20 years.
- Plot these values as a graph.
- Discuss trends of these values.
Title: Trends of unemployment, inflation, nominal GDP and real GDP
Employment and unemployment, price level and inflation, nominal and real GDP are important measurements of macroeconomic performance. This project is designed for students to learn actual performances of the U.S. economy by examining theoretical measurements and actual data.
Source: Economic Indicators: U.S. Government Printing Office