PLEASE WRITE IN GOOGLE DRIVE
Hi, I need a 6-7 page essay draft in which you analyze the rhetorical strategies used in the article “IS Google Making Us Stupid?” by Nicholas Carr.
PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO THIS; you need to state evidence that show strategies for each ethos, pathos, and logos. For example: Providing quotes/evid. then state the strategy, then state if the quote and strategy refer to what appeals such us ethos pathos, logos
Please Refer to the Rhetorician Toolbox for type of strategies
___________________________________________________________________________________________________Also, you need to refer back to the audience in every paragraph
The audience are people who read the Atlantic magazine.
Prompt: “Analyze and evaluate an author’s argument, claim, project, and assumptions, as well as the rhetorical strategies used to construct the text. Explain how those strategies contribute to the author’s appeals to ethos, pathos, and logos. Evaluate the extent to which those appeals persuade the intended audience and consider how those strategies are based on key assumptions the author makes about that audience.”
Course Learning Outcomes this paper develops:
- Analyze a variety of print and digital texts to articulate relationships between an argument’s elements and the contexts within which the argument was created.
- Evaluate both print and digital arguments through a process of critical inquiry, examining the arguments in their original contexts and in the context of other arguments in order to discover relationships between texts.
- Locate, evaluate, and synthesize material from sources related to a public discussion in order to generate and support arguments.
- Contribute an informed argument to an ongoing public discussion by identifying and assessing the rhetorical context for an issue.
- Compose a variety of texts, including elements of digital and/or non-print text, through a multi-stage recursive process.
Rough draft: 3-4 pages, double-spaced, 1 inch margins, Times-New Roman font
Revised draft: 4-5 pages, double-spaced, 1 inch margins, Times-New Roman font
Introduce your INTENTIONS: to identify rhetorical strategies listed in “Rhetoricians Toolbox” or Silva Rhetoricae and analyze the those strategies construct the author’s ethos appeals to logos and pathos and ethos.
Body paragraphs, with topic sentences:
Topic Sentence naming one of Carr’s rhetorical strategy or a sample from the Carr’s argument where you see several strategies at once.
Examples of that rhetorical strategy (ies).
Analysis of the way the author bases the strategy on the author’s assumptions about the audience’s beliefs and values.
Analysis of the way the rhetorical strategy contributes to logos or pathos (or both) and builds ethos.
Evaluate persuasiveness in light of intended audience’s values and expectations.
Explain the value of your work to the discipline of rhetoric.
Review your best discoveries as to the way in which rhetorical strategies contribute to appeals.
Evaluate the overall persuasiveness of the argument, in light of the intended audience.
Here are some notes
___________________________________________________________________________________________________the book you need to use FORM PAGE 424-440