01 Feb 2021
- The objective of the report is to identify a workplace issue and make recommendations to address the issue. Make sure the issue and recommendations are clearly explained.
- You are writing for a general business audience. This means that technical or industry-specific reports need to be written plainly and clearly. Avoid industry jargon and put information in context for your readers. The objective of this report to present the information in a way our audience will understand.
- You should be aiming to write at the Grade 7-9 reading level.
- Be careful that you don’t present a one-sided or biased report. If there are risks/cons to a recommendation it’s best to acknowledge that. This shows that you have done your research and are still comfortable with the recommendations.
- Your research should reflect a variety of sources(minimum three different sources).
- Remember to use MLA or APA formatto cite your sources in the document and for the reference list. See the Style Guide that came with your text; it outlines both formats. Please note that, from an academic integrity standpoint, you can lose significant marks for not citing sources.
- We do use Turnitin for final reports. This is a plagiarism checker. If you have any questions about plagiarism please review the information outlined under the “Getting Started” section of the course content.
- You must submit your final report as an MS Word file(not Pages, Google Docs or PDF files).
- Include graphics – charts, tables, illustrations, etc. (at least one).
- Please do not go beyond the page limit (6-8 page which includes everything but the cover page).
- Write in the third person (no “I” or “you”).
- Numbers one through ten are written and numbers higher are in numeric form (i.e. six, 21)
- Proofread…many times!
Link to topic – https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2016/01/17/16-ont…
The final report is due on Sunday, April 7.